I am so excited to submerge myself in God's Word. In the midst of being so busy with work, work and more work, I am convinced that Aaron and I need to continue to draw close to God. So, I have committed to a new Beth Moore Bible study on Friday mornings with the girls. It is called "Esther: It's tough being a woman". I am loving it thus far, although her studies are always a challenge to keep up with...lots of homework. I just want to say thank you to Sonja for opening up her home and feeding us on Friday mornings. We appreciate you! This last video session was on "mean girls" and how other mean girls bring out our own meanness. It is definitely going to be an interesting week of study. I certainly hope to work through my areas of meanness!
http://www.lifewaystores.com/lwstore/product.asp?isbn=1415865965
The other study we are beginning is The Truth Project http://www.thetruthproject.org/ We have attended one session thus far, and it looks like it is going to be a deep Bible study also based upon history, law and science, that will leave no doubt in our minds that Christianity is truth. I love it! I am hoping to be equipped with the tools I need to be a light to others.
Hopefully as time goes by, I will gain new insights and gain greater truths from the Lord, both for personal reflection and also to share with others. I also want to challenge my friends out there...if you aren't in a small group or Bible study, get plugged in this winter. There is nothing better than the fellowship with other believers while learning out the Lord!
Labor Day Weekend
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment