Thursday, July 30, 2009

OUCH!

So, there is this manhole (coal shoot) in our soon-to-be office, that leads down to a concrete coal room beneath. We had removed the lid while we were cleaning the coal room, to get some ventilation. Fast forward to the end of the day. It is dark, there are no lights in the office yet, and I was skipping (literally) across the floor joists to go lock the doors. Suddenly, there was nothing beneath my feet. It happened so fast, that I hardly registered what happened. I didn't fall through to the bottom, I think at least one leg fell through, the other leg, and two arms stayed on top. My rib cage caught my fall on the edge of the concrete. Now that I am envisioning this, I want to laugh, but it hurts too much! :) Thankfully the windows were open and Aaron and Rick Elliott (a friend of ours who was helping Aaron out with some tower work) heard me cry or holler or whatever I did, and got me into an upright (or partly upright) position. Took awhile to catch my breath. We are pretty sure I either broke or cracked a lower rib, or tore the cartilage up and I figure since there is nothing one can do about it, going to the dr. will be a waste of time and money. Advil is my new best friend! I am so thankful that I did not fall completely through...could have been a really bad thing! Proverbs 31:25 "She can laugh at the days to come". :) I have a feeling there may be quite a few of those in the near future. :)

1 comment:

The Rouse House said...

Ouch!! Too bad it happened at night or you could've gone back to bed too :)