Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Much Needed Update

I am embarrassed by the amount of time that goes by between my posts! I love to blog, but have been overtaken by the world of Facebook. However, I am determined not to let this blog go to waste!

Many people have been asking about how our new house has been coming along. In recent days, it simply hasn't. The business is consuming our time at this point, which is no surprise to us! I have faith that things will settle down a bit and we can throw ourselves into this remodel project. Our office is shaping up with the help of family and friends. The sheet rock is up and mudded, ready for priming and paint. Then comes the flooring and drop ceiling and all the little extras (light switch panels and fixtures, ect). I have gotten one of the bathrooms painted, with the exception of the trim and cabinet fixtures. That is about all that has been accomplished.

I have put my notice in at the dental office where I work, and will be leaving them in January. It is bittersweet for me. I am sad to leave because I have developed good friendships with my coworkers, and have enjoyed our patients. Not to mention all of the new things that I have learned and am still learning. However, I am looking forward to being at home again, and helping Aaron out with some of the organization of Chase 3000. Something in me has this desire to be a homemaker. I know not every woman can or even wants to do that. Some would climb the walls. :) But I generally enjoy the daily chores, cooking and lots of little extras that I just haven't had time for lately. And I look forward to being able to spontaneously take off and go shopping or out to coffee with my mom or friends. Oh how I have missed that!

The Bible study that I "committed" to hasn't been so committed to lately. I have missed several weeks of it and have gotten behind in my lessons, thus my reason for not sharing new and developing lessons. There is another group at our church that is going through the Esther study, and I may have to switch in order to catch up. I have to say, it is nobody's fault but my own. I am bound and determined to see it through...it is an impressive study and well worth my time!

So, not too much to update. I will try to keep my camera close and post more through the holidays. Lots of fun things in the upcoming month. I am looking forward to it!

No comments: