Today I was thinking about how long it has been since the 9-11 attacks. Sadly,it is only a story being told to our kids in school, as they have to memory of that day. Most people have gone on with their lives. People have let down their guard again. The Bible collects dust and the flag has been stored away, along with any need to rely on Someone larger than ourselves. Our country has once again, developed a sense of complacency. That is a dangerous mentality to have.
I can't help but compare this to my walk with Christ. It seems like when things are going so well, I just don't have time to pray or read my Bible. Yet, when life hits me hard in the face, that is first place I turn, and there never seems to be a shortage of time, during the rough patches, to turn to God's Word. I am so thankful that He is there for me, but I know that He wants me to seek Him all of the time...good times and bad. When I get complacent, the evil one moves in and attacks.
Lord, help us as a country to remember where we have been and seek your face as a nation. And as individuals, help us not to become complacent in our walk with you, but rather to draw near to you on every mountain top and down every valley. In Jesus' name, amen.
Labor Day Weekend
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment