I don't think I have ever shed tears over the outcome of an election as I did last night. Certainly not out of joy, but sadness. Sadness that a large part of our country supports a candidate who stands against so many of God's absolutes. I can say, with a clear conscience that I voted for McCain/Palin. I could not support a man who is openly pro-abortion, anti-2nd amendment, pro-taxes and pro-homosexual marriage. As a believer in Christ, I cannot knowingly support those agendas. And I am not afraid to say it. Certainly the next four years are going to prove to be interesting.
However; we can have peace and hope in the midst of what is yet to come. God would not have put this man in office had He not wanted him there. God has a plan, and nothing can set itself up against it. God can use anyone, whether they have good or evil intentions, to further His kingdom. I know that God will be glorified through all of this. And He will protect His children. If you do not have the hope of salvation that comes through Jesus Christ, please don't wait. We never know when we might breath our last breath. John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life". Believe that Jesus died for your sins, confess your sins to him, and ask Him to come into your heart and forgive you. This is the true hope that we have...the only hope in a dark and depraved world.
As for those who have already chosen to follow Christ, please pray! Pray that the Lord's will, will be done. Pray for God to work in Obama's life, and change his heart. Pray for people to get their eyes open to the truth that God is sovereign and that we need to humble ourselves before Him. Pray for the Holy Spirit to begin moving across our nation and a revival of believers.
Labor Day Weekend
14 years ago

2 comments:
i'm agreeing with you in prayer over our country's leadership. i'm so thankful that God is in control of our country.
Well said.
Someone shared these verses with me on this subject:
Prov.19:21
Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
Prov. 21:1-2
The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD;
he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases.
All a man's ways seem right to him,
but the LORD weighs the heart.
Post a Comment