I don't know about anyone else, but on certain days I have found myself getting depressed when I spend too much time reading blogs. Often times it seems like blogs unknowingly depict perfect lives and perfect families. After putting more than enough thought into the matter, I realized that scrapbooks and photo albums are often the same way. Who really wants to put the grime and gunk of our lives on display?
I want to convey a realness on my blog--and in all areas of my life. I don't want to be a different person to different people. So here it is: My life is not perfect. I have bad days, bad hair days, pimples, and times of depression and anxiety. I struggle big time with trusting God to take care of my future. I get crabby and snappy and often times have to pull sock fuzz from between my teeth due to sticking my foot too far into my mouth...especially when dealing with family. My patience is lacking and there are days when my temper runs on a very short fuze. Now, I am not saying this stuff to be down on myself, but to remind my readers that I am living the real life-not a fairy tale.
I want to be a good witness of Christ and live a life of integrity, but integrity involves honesty and consistency. Displaying a form of godliness and an appearance of perfection when reality proves otherwise is a form of hypocrisy. I have been guilty of it. I am sure we all have from time to time.
Lord, help us to be real and let our realities be glorifying to you, no matter what state we are in.
Labor Day Weekend
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment