I have not read the book "Marley & Me, so am not able to compare the movie to the book, but I felt that this was an excellent movie, particularly if you have a love for animals. I was pleasantly suprised to see that the movie not only featured the life of a family pet, but also featured the ups and downs of marriage, commitment, family and real life. I am not a huge Owen Wilson fan, but he really pulled it off in this one. The character suits him well. I thoroughly enjoyed this film and would gladly watch it again. Even though it has a PG rating, there are some thematic elements that kids might not understand, or that may make them sad. Very small children probably won't be entertained much by it at all. Be ready to talk openly with your kids at the end of the movie as it is sure to spark some questions.
Also, keep in mind: I love dogs and totally understand the bond that is created between dog and owner. Those who dislike dogs strongly will probably think the entire theme of the movie is unnecessary. :)
Labor Day Weekend
14 years ago

2 comments:
I really liked this movie, too....and I'm really not a dog fan, but I think it had so much to offer in regards to committment, loyalty, etc...good movie! (oh, and even though I swore I wouldn't cry, since I'm not a dog person, I did bawl and bawl!!)
I loved this movie. It was so real, especially the marriage stuff. It made me cry and I am not a big dog lover. UGH. Sonja
Post a Comment