Sunday, December 14, 2008

'Tis the Season

I haven't blogged anything with pictures for awhile. I keep forgetting to take my camera places, and we have been on the go lately. Last weekend was the EMS Christmas party, this weekend was supposed to be the firemen's Christmas party, but it got cancelled due to the weather. We went Christmas shopping in North Platte on Friday, after our eye appointments in Ogallala (I will be posting pics of new glasses in about a week!), baked and decorated Christmas cookies on Saturday, and went to our pastor's open house today. Thanks, Todd, Sonja and family, for a fun afternoon! The next couple weeks will be filled with get-togethers, more shopping, more baking, church events, plus all the normal day to day activities.

It is crazy how the holiday weeks fill up and fly by so fast. It is so important that we remember that the reason we are even having Christmas is because God sent His son to the earth in the form of a helpless baby, to ultimately die on the cross for our sins and give us eternal life if we choose to believe in Him. This has been so much more meaningful to me this holiday season than in the past. Part of me is sad about hearing all about "baby" this and "baby" that this holiday season, in light of our miscarriage. But then I remember: that Jesus was God's first born, and only son. And He knew that He was going to watch Him suffer and die on the cross, even before Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit. God knew His baby was going to die before it happened. And He did this for us because He loves us so much! It is hard enough to lose a baby or a child, let alone allowing that child to die for someone else, and all the while, knowing you could stop it! What a sacrifice God made for us! Take a moment to reflect on that fact, and thanking God for what He did this Christmas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have thought of that before. Jon Paul, mom and I were watching a movie about the life of Jesus a week ago or so, and I couldn't help but think of what Mary went through. First, she got pregnant while she was still a teenager. She was not married, but betrothed to Joseph. Imagine the scorn she got from people who did not understand what was really going on. Then, in the end, she watches her son die on a cross. As a mom I can only imagine how painful all that would be. I can't imagine losing my son.